DARK CHOCOLATE DETOX BITES
It’s no surprise that it takes multiple tries to get a diet right. It is not easy to quell the undying desire to fill your mouth with delicious sugary treats, and the food addiction is real! We spend hours trying to find the right snacks to prepare for our day in order to fend off those pesky cravings.
This weeks Detox treat is a delicious, anti-oxidant rich, dark chocolate bite full of dried fruits, and your favorite raw nuts.
Dark Chocolate in small doses can have some AWESOME health benefits!
- potential cancer prevention
- improved heart health
- good for overall cholesterol profile
- better cognitive function
- blood pressure and blood sugar aide
- anti-oxidant rich super food
Lucky for us, these bites are as pretty as they are delicious!
- about 8 oz of dark chocolate, I used Trader Joe’s 73% Super Dark chocolate bars (the higher the percentage of cacao the better)
- assorted dried fruits, chopped nuts, and seeds
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper, or waxed paper, or foil.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put in a microwave safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds, and then stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, and then stir again to completely melt the chocolate. If there are still lumps, microwave for another short burst and stir again.
- Use a spoon to make small rounds of chocolate onto the parchment paper. Let the chocolate fall from the spoon and it will naturally form a more or less round shape. You can nudge it with your spoon if you like. Work with one at a time, and sprinkle each round of chocolate with an assortment of your healthy add-ins while the chocolate is still hot. Make them whatever size you like, but mine were about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature, or put the bites in the refrigerator to speed things up.