Good posture is key when it comes to having a good physique. When your spine is out of alignment it affects the rest of your body and prevents you from getting most out of your work-outs. There are stretches and exercises you can do to reverse that curve in your spine and kick your work-outs into high gear!
- Stand or sit in a comfortable position.
- As you inhale, raise your shoulders and shoulder blades to your ears.
- On the exhale, pull your shoulder blades down and together.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times.
One-arm dumbbell row
- Start from a lunge position with your left leg forward and your left elbow resting on your knee.
- Grab a dumbbell with your right hand.
- Row the dumbbell up along your ribs, squeezing the right shoulderblade.
Lying triceps extension
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
- Grab your weights and place them on either side of your head, elbows bent, and then extend your arms straight above your head.
- Lie on your stomach.
- Extend your arms out in front of you, or bend your arms and place your hands near your temples.
- Lift your upper body and lower body simultaneously.
- Begin by lying face-down on the floor and on your forearms.
- Straighten your legs to lift yourself up and balance on your toes.
- Your weight should be evenly distributed between your forearms and your toes.
- Keep your back straight and your abs pulled in.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then lower down.
- Repeat five to ten times.