Looking for a fun and festive dish? This recipe will certainly spice up that boring grilled chicken! This dish is a fresh and zesty take on the traditional grilled chicken, and the combination of honey, lime and soy sauce makes the chicken sweet, sour, savory and totally delicious. Throw it on a bed of rice inside a pineapple half and you’ve got a satisfying, tasty meal that will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island!
If you’re pressed for time like me, you’ll be excited to know that this recipe was made using Veetee microwaveable rice, which is ready in two minutes!
- Chicken Breast Tenderloins, 1 lb., patted dry with a paper towel
- Veetee Microwaveable Thai Jasmine Rice, 1 package
- Pineapple, 1 sliced in half length-wise
- Olive Oil, 2 tbsp.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Honey-Lime Sauce:
- Honey, 1/3 cup
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice, 3 tbsp.
- Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos, 1 tbsp.
- Lime Zest (grated lime peel), 1 tsp.
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Slice a pineapple in half length-wise and cut a grid-like pattern into the flesh (like you’re drawing a tic-tac-toe board). Scoop out the center of the pineapple with an ice cream scoop or large spoon, creating a bowl and leaving some of the juice inside for flavor. Set aside for later.
- In a large cooking pan, preheat olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Slice chicken into small 1/2″ cubes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to the pan, cooking 8-10 minutes over medium-high, or until done.
- In a small sauce pan, begin preparation for the sauce.
- Bring honey, lime juice, soy sauce, and lime zest to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, pour sauce on top and mix well.
- Microwave Veetee Thai Jasmine Rice according to the package instructions, piercing the film several times and heating for two minutes. Fluff the rice in the tray and scoop into your pineapple boat.
- Add chicken to the pineapple boat and drizzle extra sauce.
- Garnish with lime zest and lime wedges, and serve with fresh pineapple on the side.