Healthy doesn’t have to mean flavorless. With this recipe you can enjoy a tasty tex-mex dish without the guilt!
- 3Roma tomatoes , seeds removed, diced
- 2ripe avocados diced
- 1 15oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can black eyed peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 ½cups frozen sweet corn , thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly).
- 1bell pepper , diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
- ⅓cup red onion , diced
- 1jalapeno pepper , seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓cup Cilantro , finely chopped
- ⅓cup olive oil
- 2Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2Tablespoons lime juice (fresh preferred)
- 1teaspoon sugar
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon pepper
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
- Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.