Leftovers are EVERYWHERE! I don’t know about you, but getting creative with Thanksgiving leftovers can get a little difficult. I really don’t know how many more turkey sandwiches I can take at this point.
But! Luckily for us I have a pretty innovative recipe to help us get rid of one of those random sides you can never seem to figure out what to do with.
I’m talking about cranberries. What the heck are you supposed to do with them? Usually I just toss it, but I do feel guilty, so why not try something new with it?
When you’ve got a craving for something sweet and tart, cranberries definitely fit the bill. But aside from their co-starring role at the dinner table on a certain fall holiday, how often do you get to enjoy the unique flavor of this compact fruit? Whether you’re looking for a creative way to use leftover cranberry sauce or you’re simply hungry for a flavorful breakfast recipe (or after-dinner treat), these cranberry shortbread bars are here to satisfy. Plus, the shortbread base recipe can be customized to fit any favorite topping you may have, from strawberry jam to chocolate frosting.
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup ghee
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp almond milk
2 cups cranberries
3 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all base ingredients into a thick dough.
2. Spread dough into bottom of 8″x8″ pan.
3. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes (until middle is set).
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan on medium-high heat, add cranberries and honey.
5. Stir frequently, mashing cranberries as they heat up. Continue mashing until a thick sauce is formed.
6. Spread sauce onto shortbread base, then cut into bar pieces.