Sugar. Just the mention of the word probably sets your cravings off and you’re fighting the urge to rush to your fridge in search of the sweetest thing you can get your hands on. But wait! Don’t ruin all your hard work just for a few seconds of bliss.
I know we’re all guilty of dipping a finger (or two) into the bowl after making a cake, and if you’re anything like me then you probably crave this sweet treat pretty often. Of course when you’re watching your calories you second guess the choice to indulge in something marked so sinful.
What if we told you that we have something that would satisfy those cravings AND give you your daily serving of protein without putting you into a massive excess of calories?
Enter. . . Healthy Protein Cake Batter!
- 1 small-medium overripe banana, mashed
- 1 scoop vanilla Gen One Labs Vegan ISO Premium Protein or Gen One Labs ISO Gen 100% Whey Isolate
- 1-2 tblsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tblsp oat flour
- 1 tblsp gluten free cake flour
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tblsp nut butter of choice (peanut or almond work best)
- 1 tblsp pure maple syrup (can sub honey or agave nectar)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dairy free milk (unsweetened vanilla cashew milk works best)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your mashed banana with the protein powder, flours, granulated sweetener of choice, sea salt, sprinkles and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined. If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with more sprinkles and enjoy!
*Note: This recipe is for one serving. So you have an excuse not to share.