Summer is all about cookouts, parties, lazy days by the pool, and of course fresh food!
You really can’t beat summer’s fresh fruits and veggies!
Not only do they add beautiful color and taste to your dishes, they also add antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
This healthy fruit pizza is packed with some of the summer’s best fruits.
It’s the perfect dessert for entertaining or sneaking in some extra fruit, dairy, and whole grains.
Best of all, this dessert pizza can be made with your kids! Make the “crust” and the “sauce” then cut up some fresh fruits. Let your kids decorate the pizza for a fun family activity.
This fruit pizza can be made for any occasion. Use red and blue fruit to decorate it for the 4th of July or write a special message on the top.
Get creative and have fun with it!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola or coconut oil melted
- 1 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of sweetener of choice (maple syrup honey, very ripe banana, etc)
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 banana
- 1 peach
- 1 container of blueberries
- 1 container of strawberries
- 1 container of raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a round pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, old fashion oats, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg and add vanilla, and canola oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until ingredients combine.
- Press batter onto pizza pan lined with parchment paper. The dough may be too small for the size of your pan. If so, just form the dough into a round shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the “crust” is golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and sweetener in a small bowl.
- Take crust out of the oven and let cool.
- While the crust is cooling, cut kiwi, banana, peach, and strawberries.
- Spread yogurt mixture on top of the crust and decorate with fruit.