Whenever I make cookies, I always have to fight off the temptation to dig into a bowl of the raw cookie dough. I remember being a child and convincing myself that when I was grownup I would just eat the entire bowl of raw cookie dough. Forget the baked cookies!
But then I grew up and I realized how disgusting, and unhealthy, it actually would be to do that!
Of course sometimes I do still dream about what it would be like just to indulge in that childhood fantasy. Luckily the internet is a wonderful thing and with all of the recipes floating around for edible raw cookie dough I was able to come up with this dream come true!
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice * See notes
- 2 tbsp sticky sweetener of choice ** See notes
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips of choice I used stevia sweetened chocolate chips
In a small mixing bowl, combine your blanched almond flour, coconut flour and granulated sweetener of choice. Mix well.
Add your sticky sweetener of choice and coconut oil and mix very well, until fully combined. The mixture should resemble a creamy cookie dough. Stir through chocolate chips. If it is too crumbly, add either some extra sticky sweetener or a few drops of liquid (milk works great).
Either enjoy immediately or for a thicker, dense cookie dough, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
* I used a granulated monk fruit sweetener. Adjust this to taste- You can reduce the amount or omit altogether.
** I used a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup to keep it keto-friendly and 100% sugar free. Refined sugar free alternatives include light agave nectar and pure maple syrup.