It. Is. So. HOT!
The second I step outside I feel like I’m going to melt, and you can bet by the time I finish my workout I am a puddle of sweat and shaking limbs.
Usually I’ll just collapse onto my floor and chug some cold water until my body finally regulates its temperature, but even that hasn’t been cutting it lately.
After my last outdoor workout I was determined to find SOMETHING that would make me feel normal faster and then I stumbled upon this little gem.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. . .
“Slushies aren’t healthy!”
And you’re right. . .when they’re picked up from the nearest gas station. But you can make your own healthy, refreshing and tasty frozen treats right in your own kitchen!
- 2-3 cups strawberries ( about 10-12 medium strawberries)
- honey to taste ( start with 1-2 teaspoons , add more if you like) or sub agave
- 1 1/2 cups ice ( more to create desired consistency)
- Other additions- huckleberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Place washed and trimmed strawberries in a blender, then add honey.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, adding more honey if you like.
- Add ice cubes and blend, adding more to the blender to get it really thick and icy. It should not be runny. I use about equal parts strawberries to ice – a good ratio.
- Taste, adjust honey, ice, adding more if you like. You want a nice balance between sweet and tart. The sweeter the strawberries the less honey you will need.
- Pour or spoon into one large glass or two smaller glasses.
- Serve with a spoon.