I know that the Keto diet can be kind of intimidating. A lot of your favorite foods seem to be off limits and there is probably some anxiety about that. Especially when it comes to the foods we’ve loved our whole lives!
For me that’s bread. I love bread. Everything about bread. It’s filling, delicious, comforting…it’s just amazing, but when I adopted a low carb diet I knew I was going to have to give up one of my staple foods.
And then I found Cloud Bread.
I’ll admit. It doesn’t taste like bread, but the consistency and purpose of this bread does the job and lets me feel like I’m eating an actual sandwich instead of having to settle for a lettuce leaf.
3 Tablespoons ricotta cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
2-3 garlic cloves pressed or minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic
3 eggs large
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add ricotta cheese, salt and garlic to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Separate eggs placing the yolks in the bowl with the ricotta cheese and placing the whites in a separate clean bowl.
- Stir egg yolks into ricotta mixture and set bowl aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat at high speed until peaks form, usually about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold egg whites into ricotta mixture, being careful not to stir too much and deflate the egg whites.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter to make 1 round. About 6 rounds will fit on each baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is browned.