Lunch is probably the most difficult thing for me to plan healthy meals for.
My days are almost always busy, and the last thing I want to do the night before is spend hours in the kitchen preparing something to eat for the next day.
This usually means I end up eating a salad from whatever fast food joint is closest.
Don’t get me wrong…I love salads! But eating them every single day can get repetitive and expensive!
So, when I saw this recipe for a healthy turkey pita I was determined to give it a shot, and they’re awesomely delicious!
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Line pita halves with spinach; fill with turkey mixture.Yield: 4 servings.